Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cake

Say hello to the Earth-Sky-Space birthday cake I made for my boyfriend!
There's a layer of Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake, and a layer of White Chocolate Fudge Cake with a filling of chocolate mousse. The frosting is a Italian Meringue Buttercream. The bottom layer has edible flowers and strawberries made with gum. The second layer has a white "chocolate collar"(learned to make these from hdblissbomb on youtube-Thanks for sharing ur knowledge with me!!! U rock chika!!-click HERE to see her tutorial on it!:). I used blue dye and swirled it to look like swirling clouds. The clouds are made using Royal Icing. The top layer has another "chocolate collar" that is supposed to represent space, and is made from Guittard Milk Chocolate. The topper is in a style called a "solar burst", and I've seen food artists use the technique to represent flames on the sun. I made the spun sugar, and it tasted like a mild praline.
I don't have pics of the inside, but I wish I did.
Here are links to all the recipes I used!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All those flavors! Oh my!