Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"That look on your face says, 'I could kick the s!#$ out of a truck driver!'"-Manager to Cherie Currie

So-I felt the cupcakes I made for the release of the movie 'The Runaways' needed something. I thought about it for days, and settled on this design! The first all girl rock band deserves an edgy set of cupcakes! And THESE are just that!
They're vanilla cake dipped in chocolate-
Iced with a cherry/vanilla frosting that swirls between crimson red and white.
My R-Rated decoration-A black gum paste heart representing 'The Black Hearts'(the band Joan Jett was in after "The Runaways"). I added powdered sugar in lines of cocaine as a shout out to the drugs the band took in the 70s!
Gum paste cherries represent 'Cherry Bomb'-the most popular Runaways song.
I duplicated Joan Jett's Gibson Guitar for another topper, and made gum paste black crowns to represent 'The Queens of Noise'-another Runaways classic!
Here's my Runaways inspiration board. I tend to collect all the pics and info I can about the cupcake theme I'm working on, and I put it all in a collage to pull ideas from.
Stay tuned for my video tutorial on these! I'm editing now! :)

4 comments:

OC said...

omg... did you really do those? o_o *blinks* they make me hungry but at the same time i would feel bad for biting such a great piece of art... they must be delicious :)
-omar-

Chantal Kirkland said...

This is awesome. I wish I had the same skills in the kitchen as you!

Anonymous said...

Your cookbook is going to be a bestseller...I'm telling ya!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Wow, these look amazing! my mouth is watering. What a fun share. =)