Wednesday, December 2, 2009

...I could see you in the dark.

So- I'm a little obsessed with the craziness of acrylic nails right now. I never really wore fake ones OR painted them much, and my nail biting is probably my boyfriends least favorite thing that I do.
BUT- About 2 years ago, I discovered these extravagent things, and fell in love! I don't like them long--or TOO ornate since it looks like you can't open doors and it would get snagged on clothes...and it's ugly-too much of a good thing.
I like the querky element-I used wear mismatched socks under my jeans in high school I felt I wasn't being fully "me" when I went for the plain ones.
AND-when I saw that Katy Perry loved them, it only boosted my love for the nail art.

6 comments:

Jessica Nelson said...

I can't wear fake nails, esp. those! LOL Way too colorful for me. But... I wore mismatched socks too. :-) Actually, I just went to a cruise ship wedding and couldn't find matching socks, so wore mismatched ones in my boots, only I had to take off my boots to get on the ship so everyone saw my mismatchedness. Heh. Glad I'm not the only one who does it, though I bet your mismatches are much more colorful. LOL

Anonymous said...

Those are so funky! My best friend from college is a nail artist in Milwaukee now. She has won awards at nail shows (who knew there was such a thing?). I remember letting her practice on my back in the day...

lotusgirl said...

I can appreciate them on others, but I don't seem to be able to stand them on myself. I feel handicapped by them.

Mariah Irvin said...

Ooh pretty! My nails are pretty long, so I paint them bright, solid colors. I'm worried about damaging them if I use acrylic.

Ling said...

very girly, girly! :)

they're adorable. i'm too busy rough-housing it on a daily basis to wear something so dainty ;)

Gabbi said...

oh wow... these are so cute and slightly insane. Damn it, I want.