Tuesday, March 3, 2009

CUTE CUP-A-CAKES!

I've found some AMAZING cupcakes on-line lately!!

Here's just a few!
These must be really good--They need BODYGUARDS!!! from Vermin Inc.


Of Course- Martha Stewart made these "low-filled" cupcakes and topped it off with a generous helping of perfectly portioned icing rings!!
These from Parklife Cakery in the UK have EDIBLE GLITTER!!! I've always wanted to use that!
AMAZING fondant Easter cupcakes from rouvelee!! Gorgeous!

I have to say tho....whenever u make fondant covered cupcakes, you HAVE to make a bunch more with regular icing cuz nobody likes to eat the fondant...that I've encountered!
For those of you not familiar with the taste of fondant, it's like a sugary play dough!


....EXAMPLE---I made these fondant covered beauties for Easter 2 years ago....
...but nobody wanted to eat the fondant! Even I had to take the fondant off and heave on frosting so the cupcake wasn't topless!

So make sure you have a few like THESE on hand cuz the others are glorified SHOW PIECES unless you switch their topping before people eat them!

...and last, MARTHA-again! I am DYING to make the "chick nest" cupcakes at the top!! It's topped with toasted coconut and she used icing to make the baby chicks--but I'm sure I could use the Robin's egg candies they sell this time of year! Yay! I'll post them when I make them! I'm excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The chick nest ones are so adorable!!

Sweetnothin' said...

I'm loving the chick nest ones too.. what was your recipe for that easter fondant covered cupcakes.......