Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Duggars Have Started To Bother Me!!


I like watching 'The Duggars" on TLC - You know, the family with 18 kids in Arkansas.


but I've also grown increasingly bothered by a couple of things lately...

Number 1: WHY do I always feel like Michelle Duggar sounds like a "teacher"?!
See video--

I'm from the south and was raised Baptist, and her tone sounds just like all other Baptist people I know on SUNDAY--It's like they're in a skit!
DON'T get me wrong--I am so enthralled with the effects that being raised that way caused---They're ALL good, AND I believe that TRUE Baptist people truly care! You can ALWAYS ask them for help and they WANT to help!
...but Michelle talks like it ALL the time and it sounds contrived...maybe I'm biased.
Most of the kids sound that way sometimes too--except Jinger and Jessa.

Number 2: They always say that it's easier to add ANOTHER kid to their brood cuz they have the "older" ones to take care of the small ones many times. THAT bothers me! It's not a burden kids should have--that's why people don't get married and have babies in their teens--cuz they are supposed to be KIDS at that age, NOT MOTHERs and Fathers!
When the girls wen with Josh to Florida in order to help plan his wedding, there was even a comment that Michelle needed the older girls home soon cuz it's so hard to take care of everything herself! They're glorified maids! I think that and I'm NOT very feminist at all!!!

They say they want so many kids cuz "God" said in the 'Bible' that "children are a blessing", and they want to live according to God's will for them....I think this leaves out an important fact. Yes- I believe God had something to do with the 'Bible', but I KNOW he gave humans common sense and the ability to learn and progress so they can help themselves! He gave us the MINDS to develop technology and innovation--I think it's wrong to embrace the 'Bible' but not the other "gifts" he gave us!
If we REALLY followed what the 'Bible' says literally, we'd be stabbing eachother's eyes to fulfill "eye for an eye'----We'd all be BLIND!!!
Many people argue that 'eye for an eye' is an old testament thing and negated by the new testament, but there ARE other examples too:
I found this Here --- Another example that the 'Bible' should NOT be read literally!

The virgin birth Isaiah 7:14

This verse is part of a prophecy that Isaiah relates to King Ahaz regarding the fate of the two kings threatening Judah at that time and the fate of Judah itself. In the original Hebrew, the verse says that a "young woman" will give birth, not a "virgin" which is an entirely different Hebrew word. The young woman became a virgin only when the Hebrew word was mistranslated into Greek.

This passage obviously has nothing to do with Jesus (who, if this prophecy did apply to him, should have been named Immanuel instead of Jesus).

Number 3: What's UP with Michelle's hair?! It makes me want to watch 'Flashdance' but worse!

.....I don't think she's really like THESE people...

...but she could still make a killing as a hairdresser there!


Here are some Duggar stats I found at Tales From The Vinyl Village:

  • Michelle’s been pregnant for 135 months of her life.
  • Average number of months between Duggar births is 18.
  • Estimated number of Duggar diapers to date is 90,000.
  • The Duggars do approximately 200 loads of laundry each month.
  • The Duggars feed their entire brood for less than $2,000 per month.
  • The only person in the Duggar family whose name doesn’t start with “J” is Mom — Michelle.
  • Every Duggar child learns to play both violin and piano.
  • The family organizes their household chores by assigning “jurisdictions,” so everyone knows exactly what their daily responsibilities are.
  • The Duggars estimate all the family members combined have worked approximately 39,000 total hours building their new house.
  • The Duggars are debt free.


WHY Duggars?! Why?!

2 comments:

Tin Princess said...

His name is Jim Bob...seriously!?!

Pen Pen said...

:) U crack me up KK!
..and yes...that's his name---why?! Ur not into him?! Don't want a piece of that?!
...I know I do- fo sho!