Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Shall we Buche?!

A Buche De Noel is a traditional cake made to look like a Christmas fire log made in France, Belgium, and other locals. The traditional bûche is made from a Genoise or other sponge cake, generally baked in a large, shallow Swiss Roll pan, frosted, rolled to form a cylinder, and frosted again on the outside. There's usually small meringue mushrooms as well.
Here's a traditional design from Williams Sonoma-tho this one is from last year-I don't like ur one for this year as much, WS!

Many famous pastry masters go off on a fabulous cake tangent with the designs like...
This cake named “Rêve” ("Dream"),by Kenzo Takada for Lenôtre.

The cake-La bûche 2000 feuilles- by Pierre Hermé.
...or this INCREDIBLE Buche De Noel by Canelle et Vanille.
Shall I make one? Shall we Buche?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always found those to be amazing--and delicious.

Jessica Nelson said...

PLEASE make one! So I can live vicariously through you. LOL Those look incredible!

The Fancy Lady said...

we shall! you shall also start shipping your macarons so i can order some lol

The Fancy Lady said...

ohh also would you email me your address i wanna add you to my christmas card list this year lol

Pen Pen said...

GG-Me too. They have a very exciting holiday energy much like the Easter Egg I think...or the candy/caramel for Halloween I think. :)
__________________
Jess- Aww! Can't say no to that! :)
__________________
Amanda- :) Perhaps I should try to send some with the mass of useless yet fabulous things I've amassed over time for you, but not yet sent. :)
ANd- Of course I'm e-mailing u now chick!