Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Patrick Bateman Knows What's Important For Job Success-Business Cards!

I need a job where I can be like this.... :)


This is from 'American Psycho', a movie based on the book by the same name by Bret Easton Ellis. It's about Patrick Bateman, image obsessed murderer who works in corporate New York. When he is about to murder, he spout off long, desperate montages about bands and their music. He's the most poignant character I've ever read--tho I had to put the book in the freezer a couple of times when the descriptions went for good to insanely life like. BUT- it's a great movie for those who enjoy nudity and gratuitous violence set to 'Huey Luis and the News'- "It's Hip To Be a Square"! I should look into his character more so I can learn from the Ellis' obvious talent.

A perfect character moment is when Patrick has killed an associate(Paul Allen played by Jared Leto), goes to the Paul's apartment to create an alternate reason for the disappearance and says upon walking in, "There is a moment of sheer panic when I realize that Paul's apartment overlooks the park... and is obviously more expensive than mine."


* The book was dropped by it's original publisher because of it's violent and disturbing content, so reader-or watcher- stay aware!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that u posted this! I need a new card too!

Anonymous said...

This movie scared the CRAP out of me!